Welcome to Ozark Outlook Retreat, something out of the Ordinary! Below are some frequently asked questions about our Ozark vacation lodge.
Why is there a two night minimum?
- Staying for a single night doesn’t afford the necessary time to explore our area’s sites and activities and decompress from traveling. We want you to take a deep breath at the end of a fun day in the Ozarks, enjoy the sunset and stargaze for an evening of rest and relaxation in front of a wood burning fireplace on the patio. A one night stay just doesn’t afford our guests all that the Ozarks has to offer.
We are the athletic type and like to do outdoorsy things- what have you got?
- The entire Buffalo National Forest and Buffalo National River are right outside your doorstep. Kayakers also have a plethora of choices. Hikers and motorcyclists will be able to hike and ride to their hearts content.
What about hunting?
- Not on our property. We do our best to maintain a retreat for all of nature’s creatures, and ask that you respect our decision to provide “a safe haven” for them. Only shoot them with your camera.
Can we smoke on the premises?
- Only if you are on fire, or outside on the patio!
Is there any good fishing around?
- Besides the hundreds of rainbow, brown, and cutthroat trout located in the White River, (we will be glad to recommend guide services), there is excellent small mouth bass fishing in Crooked Creek. Bull Shoals Lake has a great population of Bass, Crappie, Walleye and Brim.
We’ve been to other Guest Homes who say they have a fire place, and end up with a little gas burner. Is your fireplace real?
- Yes, both of them. The one outside has real wood, real fire and everything. That along with the fire starter blocks. We even provide matches! The inside fireplace is propane fueled and is thermostatically controlled for your comfort.
My husband snores, is there somewhere else for him to sleep if it gets too loud?
- The dwelling has 3 bedrooms so you can kick him out. We also supply you with earplugs for the robust snorer.
What should we bring to wear?
- North Central Arkansas definitely has 4 seasons, and the evenings can get a little chilly, even in the summer with the natural breeze we have on the hilltop. It’s wise to pack with layers in mind.
I need to check into my office every day via computer, do you provide Wi-Fi?
- Yes, no worries! You’ll be able to “Stay in touch” with everyone who isn’t fortunate to be at the retreat! We also have Satellite TV, providing over 170 channels for you to watch on our complete HD-TV setup with a 60″ flat screen. We also have a Blu-Ray player so you can watch your favorite movies, we’ll even provide the popcorn!
Should we bring our camera?
- Absolutely! There are beautiful sites in the Ozarks, and plenty of special opportunities to capture those memory making moments to be cherished for years to come.
Is your Ozark lodge open year-round?
- Yes! In addition to a large variety of spring, summer and fall activites, winter is a good time to get away from the hustle and bustle of the holidays, and kick back in the solitude of the Ozark mountains.
Where do we find something to eat?
- Ozark Outlook comes complete with a full kitchen, including a barbeque on the deck. There is an award winning BBQ restaurant in Yellville, and other quality eateries just a short drive away. We will be happy to make recommendations and provide web links for you based on your culinary desires.
Do you have cell service?
- Yes, we do!
What is there to do when we arrive in the backwoods of nowhere?
- Check out our Events/Link Button for current events and things to do. Fresh air is in abundance, and exercise is awesome.
Why are there NO PETS ALLOWED?
- Ozark Outlook Retreat is located in an area where there is an abundant population of deer, turkeys, coyotes, fox, and our rancher neighbors have plenty of cattle. On occasion there have been visits by cougars & bears, so this could be a dangerous area for your pet. We also want to accommodate guests with allergies to pet hair.
What gave you the idea for Ozark Outlook Retreat?
- We purchased the Ozark property because it adjoins our land. We found the view to be spectacular and decided to build Ozark Outlook Retreat as a getaway for vacationers who have an appreciation for the great views the property offers. Also, Yellville, Arkansas is just about the geographic center for all the activites the Ozarks have to offer, such as water activities, hiking, caving, music, artists and is only 1 hour from Branson, Missouri.